31 eCommerce SEO Facts and Figures You Must See to Believe
Every online business needs eCommerce SEO services to thrive in its respective market. Let the following 31 SEO statistics, figures, and facts serve as evidence of that.
- 53% of all website traffic is a result of organic search.
- Over 90% of all pages on the internet get no organic traffic from Google.
- The first entry on the SERPs gets, on average, more than 30% click-through.
- Almost 70% of all online experiences begin with an organic search.
- SEO currently drives more than 10 times the organic volume of social media.
- Leads that originated from organic SEO have a nearly 15% close rate.
- The SEO industry accounts for nearly 80 billion dollars per year.
- 90% of all shoppers use the internet to help them find shopping locations (SEO can help with local listings!).
- 21% of searches result in more than one click on the search engine results pages.
- 49% of the time, the top-ranking page in the SERPs gets the majority of traffic for the associated search query.
- Less than 6% of all web pages will rank on page one within a year of publication.
- Most pages in the top 10 organic search results are older than 2 years. (And up to 60% are more than 3 years old).
- If a page is ranking in spot one, it probably ranks in the top ten for nearly 1,000 other keywords or search queries.
- Almost ⅔ of all web pages have no backlinks.
- Over 90% of all keywords get 10 or fewer monthly searches (making those other keywords all the more valuable!).
- 63% of all shopping begins with an online search, even if the eventual purchase is made in a store.
- 70% of digital marketers agree that SEO is more valuable than PPC (for sales, at least).
- A full ¾ of all people will never scroll past the first page of results.
- Nearly 90% of people ignore the ads in the search results, scrolling past them to the organic listings.
- Over 75% of people who search for a local business visit one within 24 hours.
- Almost half of all digital marketers believe SEO offers the highest ROI of all marketing strategies.
- 2020 alone saw 212 billion searches through Google.
- Up to 46% of all searches are associated with local intent.
- Almost 60% of all Google searches occur through mobile devices.
- Almost 90% of all smartphone users access a search engine every day.
- SEO can reduce the overall cost of customer acquisition by almost as much as 90%.
- The average length of content associated with a page one, spot one listing is nearly 1,500 words.
- Long-tail queries are associated with click-through rates that are higher, on average, by 3% to 5%.
- Updating old pages or content can increase organic traffic by over 100%.
- More than half of all consumers research products using search engines before they commit to a purchase.
- Over ⅔ of all clicks go to the first five results on the SERPs.
Your Online Business Needs eCommerce SEO
The difference between paid advertising and SEO? Some companies can’t conduct paid search advertising, but all online businesses need eCommerce SEO services to thrive.
After reading these facts, statistics, and figures, you shouldn’t feel as though you can afford to leave anything to chance.
Take control of your digital marketing strategy and make it a goal to grow organic traffic, sales, revenue, and conversions with 1DigitalⓇ Agency (1DigitalAgency.com), an eCommerce SEO specialist that for over 10 years has been driving leading SEO campaigns for clients in a huge range of industries.
Contact them today at 888-982-8269 to get started.