India is a land of many contrasts and it’s not difficult to find places that can delight you in winter.
India is a land of many contrasts and it’s not difficult to find places that can delight you in winter. You can visit hill stations like Shimla or Manali, or head down south for some more pleasant temperatures. There are also lots of things to do in cities like Mumbai, Chennai, and Hyderabad and go skiing at Auli! So get ready to stay warm this winter! THE HILL STATIONS
Hill stations are some of the most popular tourist destinations in India. You can find beautiful landscapes and some really romantic sunset spots in both summer and winter. Here are some hill stations that you can visit in winter:
1. Nainital (Uttarakhand): This lake city is at a height of 2,050 meters from sea level. The best time to visit this picturesque hill station is from October to February as it is cold enough for skiing as well as hot enough to sit down by the lake and have a refreshing swim.
2. Auli (Uttarakhand): The graceful, everlasting snow-covered peaks of the Auli range are best for avid skiers.
3. Dalhousie (Chamba, Himachal Pradesh): There are many places to visit in winter in India, and Dalhousie is one of the most popular hill stations in India. The small town is located at an average elevation of 1,500 meters above sea level and has a pleasant climate throughout the year. It also offers easy access to Shiwalik Fossil Park which is the oldest fossil park in Asia. The area around Dalhousie is covered with tall pine trees that are ideal for skiing apart from being frequented by wildlife.
Also, Read refund for a canceled delta flight.
4. Manali: Manali is a hill station in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is popular for its scenic beauty and comes alive around Christmastime. The town is situated at an altitude of 1,600 meters above sea level and offers a huge variety of tourist activities like trekking, boating, and rafting.
5. Shimla (Himachal Pradesh): Shimla(2735 m) which means “meeting place” in Sanskrit, is another popular hill station among tourists from across the globe because of the pleasant climate during winters and cool monsoons in summers. You can visit famous hill stations like Badkhal (1,849 m), Kufri (1,845 m), Manali (1,600 m), and Solang valley (2,590 m) in Shimla district.
6. Haridwar: The holy city of Haridwar is located on the banks of the Ganges. It gets its name from the Hindi word har for ‘place of’ and dwara for ‘gateway to’. It is also known as Devaprayag because it was here Lord Shiva’s wife Sati offered her life so that her husband could ascend to heaven. Haridwar is one of the most important pilgrimage centers in India. It is known for its numerous Vishnu temples. Haridwar is famous for its musical echoes in the evenings during festivals when thousands of pilgrims gather to have a glimpse at the numerous kirtans or devotional hymns being sung in the streets.
7. Mussoorie: The hill station of Mussoorie, which lies in the Saharanpur district, Uttar Pradesh, is famous for its breathtaking beauty and panoramic views. It looks much cooler here in winter than it does during summer when it regularly reaches 40 degrees Celsius. Mussoorie was once called the ‘Queen of Hill Stations’ by British writers because so many writers live there. It was founded by Lt. John Winter in 1826 and is surrounded by snow-capped Himalayan peaks.
8. Kodaikanal: Another hill station in the southern part of India, Kodaikanal is situated at an altitude of 3,000 feet above sea level in Tamil Nadu. Hanging gardens, huge rocks, and the lake surrounding it make this place a popular destination among tourists. The climate here is pleasant throughout the year and temperatures can go up to 40 degrees Celsius during summers.
Presently when you know about the best places to spend an amazing wedding trip, so would you say you are good to go to explore these places to visit in India Tour for vacation with your partner? Plan a Trip to India and make your get-away a heartfelt and marvelous getaway.
I hope you enjoyed this article! Way to go India! If you’re curious about our favorite Thai dish please check out this article. Stay tuned for more great posts written by me! You can also keep up with me on Instagram @rajeevranjandm if you want to hear about the latest posts.