How to Take Care of Murrah Buffalo to Get the Best Milk Production?
Animal husbandry is generally a side business for farmers to get daily earnings. However, it often turns out to be the most profitable business and becomes a primary source of income for many people in rural and urban areas. Cattle, like cows, buffalo, sheep, etc., are highly beneficial sources of their milk, meat, and labour.
Many people believe the dairy products of buffalo are the best source of nutrients, which is an excellent source of calcium, potassium, and other nutrients and minerals. People sell around 50 litres of milk daily, which is a perfect amount because 1 litre sells for at least 50 INR. If someone owns a big buffalo farm, their daily income would be at least 3,000 to 4,000.
Buffalo farming is undoubtedly profitable, but you need specialised care for cattle to keep them healthy. A milk-producing cattle is an asset and requires utmost care if you need quality and quantity of milk. However, your benefit should not be the sole purpose of taking care of. It is our property, and we should be looking after it.
One of the finest buffalo breeds, the Murrah buffalo breed comes with a great responsibility of taking care of it like a child. Murrah is the highest milk-producing breed and is found mainly in north India, including regions of Haryana, Punjab, Delhi, etc.
If you own an original Murrah breed buffalo, here are some tips on caring for your cattle to get the most quality milk.
- Feed Management: arranging proper feed for your cattle is crucial if you aim to get a high milk yield. Whatever you provide to buffalo should be of top-notch quality and must include all the essential nutrients. Ensure that you feed them timely, in good quantity, and in the proper manner. Look after if the feed suits your cattle’s health well. Here are a few things you should include in their feed:
- Silage: Including roughage is important to getquaity milk. This maintains the health of cattle by keeping them full for a longer period while providing essential nutrients. Silage can be of several types wherein a mixture of multiple crops grass like corn, basnn, legumes, etc., proves to be a good source of protein.
- Oil-seed cakes: cakes can be a source of nutrients. For example, kachi binola Khal, sarso ki Khal, etc., are oil seed cakes and have scientifically proven benefits for cattle feed.
- Grains: giving cattle a good amount of grains is never a waste. Grains like wheat, corn, and other cereals are good for cattle health.
- Water Intake: water is essential, just like for humans. Water helps regulate cattle’s body temperature and keeps them fresh and hydrated all day. Murrah buffalo are already water buffalo because they like to be in the water pond most of the time. However, consuming water is also essential. Ensure that you arrange proper water management, including a good amount of stored water in a utensil. Do not give them contaminated water because it can increase the risk of diarrhoea.
- Waste Management: Keeping good waste management encourages cleanliness and keeps your cattle healthy because the risk of catching disease reduces. Ensure your cattle have an insect-free body because their waste can invite several bacterias and germs that can make them fall ill.
- Personalised treatment: just like humans, every breed and cattle is different. You might not own an original Murrah breed and give the cattle the wrong nutrient balance. Thus, ensure to visit a doctor to get personalised solutions to increase milk production. Every buffalo breed is different; even the original and graded breeds have unique systems. So, don’t risk it like an animal; get a personalised solution from a doctor.
An average Murrah buffalo breed yields 10 to 12 litres of milk daily, and if they are incredibly healthy and fit, they might stretch it up to 13 to 14 litres a day. It all depends on their nutrient intake and calving. So after learning to increase milk production in Murrah buffalo, go for it if you want to purchase them.
Where to Buy the Original Murrah Breed?
The key is to choose the proper breed when purchasing. Finding a trustworthy vendor can be easier than identifying the original breed. Get the MeraPashu360 App instead if you want to buy animals online. You can purchase things there for a fair price that are of unquestionable quality. Even better, they provide free door-to-door delivery to your home.
Buffalo farming is profitable if you invest time, care, and money. Animals cannot speak for themselves but require affection and care, and you should do it for every animal, irrespective of their benefits. Murrah buffaloes are the finest, and you can make them even more productive and healthy by looking after their health timely.