Bear hunting is a dangerous activity and requires skills and safety awareness. If you plan your hunt in a right way by using effective hunting strategies, it will increase your success in hunting a wild bear and will also keep you safe from their big paws!
1.DETERMINE WHICH SPECIES OF BEAR YOU WANT TO HUNT
The most accessible bear is the black bear. Brown bears or any other grizzly bears are quite large and are more dangerous as compared to black bears, so you should only hunt these bears if you are relatively an experienced hunter.
2. WHERE YOU CAN LOCATE A BEAR
Bears can be usually found in wooded coastal areas; this is where they tend to live. They can be also found in large forests or in the corn fields present in near the jungle.
Choose a hunting weapon which has a lot of stooping power. Bears are very strong predators, so if you are planning to hunt them, make sure that you use a relatively powerful weapon to ensure that the bear won’t be able to attack you while you shoot them.
Weapons which have a good stopping power and can be used for Alaskan brown bear hunting guides are– rifles, muzzle-loaders, and bow and arrow. The best amongst these is rifle as they fire high-velocity bullets that can kill a bear faster.
4. GO FOR HUNTING IN THE FALL AND SPRING MONTH
Bears go for hibernation in the winters and leave their spots in the spring. Some localities offer permits for both times of the year-winter and spring, but all the States that allow bear hunting will only have Spring permit available with them.
If the area where you are planning to go for a hunt is experiencing particularly cold spring, the chances are very low to find a bear as they extend their period of hibernation in this weather. In this situation, it is recommended to go on a hunt in the fall season.
5. BEST TIME OF THE DAY TO HUNT A BIG BEAR
The best time of the day to hunt a bear is the day time. There are two reasons behind this:
- The bears are most active during the day time. So, at this particular time of the day you may see a lot of bears roaming around in the jungle.
2. The maximum amount of sunlight will make your vision much clearer and will help you have a better aim.
- It is always recommended to go on hunting with a guide as they are experienced; they will have all the knowledge regarding where the bear might be and will know all the safety measures.
You can check out the website of Nushagak Guides, they are the best bear hunter guides in Alaska. They maintain a very high success rate through hard work. You can enjoy the Alaskan Brown Bear Hunt with Nushagak Guides.