Why Should You Do Something About Your Crooked Or Misaligned Teeth?
Crooked or misaligned teeth are common in both adults and children. They do not always cause problems and even add uniqueness to people’s smiles. However, if your teeth are not perfectly aligned in a way that you are unhappy with or if you are experiencing speech troubles or health issues, you have the option to get them realigned.
Causes of crooked or misaligned teeth
There are many different reasons why people have crooked teeth.
- Baby teeth are too small and could not fill the entire gum space, resulting in misalignment.
- Baby teeth can sometimes grow in crowded together.
- Prolonged sucking on a thumb or pacifier can cause the baby teeth to be pushed out of place.
- Eating foods that lack the essential nutrients needed by the body can result in poor dental growth and crooked teeth Check out all on 4 dentists in Perth, WA.
- Poor dental habits, such as not brushing regularly and eating lots of sugary foods, increase the risk of cavities and gum disease and can result not only in crooked teeth but also in various dental health issues.
- If your family has a history of crooked teeth, genetics and heredity can play a role in you having them too.
- Injuries, such as getting hit in the face, can sometimes knock a tooth out of place, leading to crooked teeth.
Risks of having crooked or misaligned teeth
Having crooked teeth can have a negative impact on a person’s life in many ways.
Low self-confidence – A lot of people with crooked teeth get self-conscious about smiling and talking so they try to avoid opening their mouths as much as possible to prevent others from seeing the problem. As a result, they become withdrawn, prefer to be alone, and reduce their interactions with others.
Increased risk of dental health problems – Crooked or misaligned teeth make it harder to clean between the teeth, allowing plaque to build up faster and making you more prone to gum disease, tooth decay, cavities, and other dental health problems.
Eating difficulties – Sometimes, crooked teeth can give you trouble when chewing. Especially if there are protruding upper and lower teeth, they can rub together and prevent you from chewing your food properly. If this is the case, you can choke or end up with digestion problems.
Treatment options for crooked or misaligned teeth
To treat crooked or misaligned teeth, you should see an orthodontist. They will take photos and x-rays of your mouth and face and your teeth impressions so that they can determine the right treatment for your problem.
Depending on your situation, they may recommend tooth removal, removable retainers, braces, tooth bonding, or Invisalign.
If you are in NYC and looking for an orthodontist to help you fix your crooked or misaligned teeth, go online and look up “dentists in NYC,” “crooked teeth treatment near me,” or something more specific like “orthodontist tooth bonding NYC” or “Invisalign dentist NYC.” Your search query of “dentists in NYC,” “crooked teeth treatment near me,” “orthodontist tooth bonding NYC” or “Invisalign dentist NYC” should give you names of dental professionals and clinics you can contact and go to for the necessary treatment.