Stunning jewellery pieces can enhance the attractive outfit multiple notches up. However, making any attractive jewellery piece requires excellent craftsmanship, creativity, and attention to detail along with certification course.
What is Jewellery design?
Jewellery design is a professional discipline that is concerned with conceptualization, visualization, designing and creating jewellery basis architectural & functional knowledge of materials-precious and artificial stones, gold, metals, silver etc, you can know about Silver investment in the news ensuing fashion and market trends, fabrication techniques, customer preferences along with design viability in terms of creating, making, and wearing it.
- Creative vision to come up with unique design concepts that will be attract attention from the market
- Ability to work with multiple tools, materials and drawing softwares like CAD
- Dexterity in handling computers along with attention to detail so as to achieve perfection
- Organised with time management skills so as to adhere to deadlines
- Strong communication and exceptional networking skills to manage clients, stakeholders, and various team along with ability to market your design concepts.
- Passionate about staying relevant & updated to address various market needs
Advantages of Jewellery Design Course:
- During April-August 2022, India’s Gem & Jewellery Exports rose by 10% to reach Rs. 130440.39 crores Y-O-Y
- By 2025, Indian Government is aiming to rise to US$ 70 billion in jewellery exports.
- In cut & polished diamonds, India ranks first among the top exporters, while in gold, silver jewellery as well as lab-grown diamonds, it ranks second.
- Between April 2000 and March 2022, cumulative FDI inflow in diamond and gold ornaments touched US$1213.05 million
Career Opportunities: Few of the job profiles are:
Entrepreneur & Manufacturer: Jewellery Design Course equip students with competencies in developing entrepreneurship skills in order to run jewellery business, whether a small unit or a mass production house or even work as an independent designer. You can either allow your designed jewellery to be marketed by some other renowned player under its own label or create and sell under own line of branded jewellery.
Gemmologist: He specializes in understanding of architectural along with functional characteristics of various types of precious & artificial stones, gems & metals etc., besides being updated about their market value. He must display strong negotiation skills for bulk purchasing of gemstones or precious metals or finished pieces. Furthermore, he should display a clear understanding of price strategy so as to ensure good profits.
Accessory Designer in Film & Television Industry: To bring alive the characters as well as the plot envisioned by the writers and directors, a Jewellery Designer designs and create customized pieces in performing arts industry.
Goldsmiths: He works exclusively with gold and is involved in conceptualizing, designing & creating objects like gold ornaments, pots & plates etc.
Bench Jeweller: He repairs broken jewellery and restore it as original as a new jewellery item while working within the organization. He collaborates with other team members such as sales team and gemmologists to procure the right stones and store manager.
Jewellery Design Course:
- The curriculum must ensure dexterity in modern as well as traditional art, techniques, processes, craft and design practices, and technologies. Besides this, students must display awareness about varied materials, stones etc.
- College must boast of well-equipped studio to assist students in gaining practical experience as well as exposure in digital & mechanical fabrication.
- The course must offer insights into global trends, styles, and international aesthetics.